7 tips to maximize your Oracle OpenWorld 2015 Conference Experience
Less than a month to Oracle OpenWorld, the conference will officially kick off on Sunday, October 25th. The location alone should be enough to get most of you excited. San Francisco is an amazing city to visit. The business and technical content, networking, and after hours social events are just bonuses.
Below are some tips after a decade of regular attendance as a speaker and attendee of Oracle OpenWorld.
1- Book and plan sessions as soon as possible, here is the link to the current Content Catalog list the best ones are "sold out" swiftly. Currently 1600+ sessions are available, plan what you want to learn this year and keep that in mind when registering for the session. Use the target audience information on the left of the catalog.
2- This year’s OpenWorld major themes I will focus
- On enterprise cloud solutions and deployment strategies to move your on-premise Oracle applications like Siebel, EBS, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards and Primavera into the Cloud with a strong option of co-existence. Over 800 sessions on cloud computing!
- On a comprehensive enterprise big data solution with, Big Data Appliances, 12c database, NoSQL Database and Big Data SQL. Data is the lifeblood of most organizations.
- IoT – Internet of things this year has lots of new sessions in this area.
3- Lots of sessions on customer experience: A must see is the state of the art Customer experience lab, here is a sneak peek:
4- This years business and technology conference will have a focus on the intersection of cloud, social, and mobile business opportunities.
5- Planning and preparing will be key. Make sure you can write & measure your conference objectives.
Here are mine:
30% learning (sessions & Oracle headquarters) to help me advise better solutions for my clients
50 % sharing good practices, knowledge sharing with different Oracle clients – these sessions have already been planned and scheduled with the clients in advance date&time confirmed.
10% attending networking events, I plan to grab a coffee in the morning and a well-deserved beer one of the day’s in the afternoon at the Tap and Brew,
10% Unwind by riding a bike over the Golden Gate Bridge and visiting Alcatraz.
On my side I am also looking forward to the following Oracle ACE activities during OpenWorld 2015:
- • Sunday, October 25: Annual Oracle ACE Dinner 7pm-10pm
- • Monday, October 26: OTN /Partners Meetup, 7-9pm
- Wednesday, Oct 28: Bloggers meetup
6- This year's conference is a month later than usual, bring a great pair of comfortable shoes and dress for colder temperature than usual.
7- Don’t miss Larry’s keynote, usually he provides the big announcements and summarizes well the strategy and themes of this year’s OpenWorld and the ongoing strategy.
I’ll be there, and you can follow me at @AlexAntonatos. Also you can click on Contact (on the bottom right of the webpage and select schedule a meeting request a 1-1 with me or other Oracle experts in San Francisco.
Feel free to share your Openworld checklist and thoughts on the topic!
Have I missed any helpful tips? Leave a comment!
See you in San Francisco,