10 rules you must obey on any consulting project
1. Determine, on each engagement, who our clients are and directly ascertain their expectations for your performance.
2. Analyze your clients’ needs and professional service requirements.
3. Develop client service objectives that will enable you to fulfil your professional responsibilities, satisfy your clients’ needs, and exceed their expectations. Prepare an appropriate client service plan to achieve these client service objectives.
4. Execute the client service plan in a manner that ensures commitments are met, potential problems anticipated, and surprises avoided.
5. Establish effective and creative communication, both internal and external, to enhance client perceptions of value and quality of our service.
6. Provide management with insights on the condition of their business and meaningful suggestions for improvement.
7. Continually broaden and strengthen your relationships with key management personnel to facilitate effective communication and foster client loyalty.
8. Ensure that any professional, technical, or client service problem is resolved promptly with timely consultation in an environment of mutual respect.
9. Obtain from the client, either formally or informally, a regular assessment of your performance.
10. Receive fees that reflect the value of services provided and responsibilities assumed and are considered fair and reasonable by our clients.